Hiring Showroom Assistant, Toronto
Showroom Assistant – Full Time
*Saturdays required starting May 2020
Location: NewWall’s Head Office, 363 Adelaide St. East, Toronto
At NewWall we strive for excellence in design, quality and above all, service. From international hotels and restaurants to elegant powder rooms and residential accent walls, our wallpaper is the choice for the most discerning interior designers and architects worldwide.
NewWall is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Showroom Assistant. The right candidate will be passionate and dedicated to kickstart their career in the world of interior design.
This position involves a great deal of emphasis on sample management, preparing new products for launch, and various sales and administrative tasks. With an eye for trends in fashion, art and design, the perfect candidate will be able to couple their creativity with the day to day sample requirements of the showroom.
- Manage and support sample inventory through communication with key business departments. Assist in customer service resolutions related to sample matters.
- Support the internal and external roll-out of product launches.
- Assist in business action plans and support administrative work (incoming and outbound merchandise requests and shipments) with the Director and sales team.
- Proactively follow interior design trends to analyze key competitors in the market.
- Starting schedule will be Monday to Friday 9 to 5. This will be modified to include Saturdays starting May 2020.
What You Have:
- Knowledge or experience working with luxury goods
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal, detail oriented, critical/analytic thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Able to thrive under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Passion in interior design
If you’re interested in working with premium product in the inspiring interiors industry, we would love to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Showroom Assistant.